Friday, May 18, 2007

PROPHETIC MINISTRY IN SINGAPORE

Prophetic Ministry in Singapore
During a mission trip to Newcastle-Australia in July 2006, I discovered by incident that God desired for me to start moving in spiritual gifts like prophecy and healing. It was really funny how it all began.

I lost my evangelism books at the airport on the first day of the missions trip. Then, my laptop did not work on the second day of the mission trip. I had nothing to lean on after that! God had removed my evangelism books and laptop so I can learn to listen to the Holy Spirit.

Ever since that mission trip, I tried to exercise my spiritual gift of prophecy as often as I could and as naturally as I can. I am beginning to see the importance of using spiritual gifts to encourage and build God's people in Hope churches.

Apostle Paul said,

I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong - that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith. Romans 1:11-12

Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy...But everyone who prophecies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort. 1 Cor 14:1-3

We can bless so many people around us when we begin to walk with the Holy Spirit and exercise spiritual gifts. God can use anyone in spiritual gifts but we need to desire for it and our motivation must be based on love for God and others. We don't use spiritual gifts our own gain or recognition but to build up the body of God to fulfil the Great Commission.

I thank God for Ps Jeffery Chong (Hope Singapore) for given me opportunity to exercise and grow in the gift of prophecy. He arranged for me to give prophetic words to various group in the church such as Tertiary students, Family Group, Working Adults, Youth Group and the Filipino Group.

I want to encourage everyone who is reading this blog entry to ask God to use you in spiritual gifts such as prophecy. Start small! Wait upon God for encouraging scripture verses for your sheep or leaders.

Once you start using spiritual gifts, keep going and don't stop even during times of discouragement. Don't worry when you make mistakes. I made plenty of mistakes, I try to move on and learn from my mistakes.

1 comment:

Dr.Juan Daneil Lim. said...

Dear brother
I agree with you 100 %
I will be ministrying in singapore, Malaysia and Hainan Island in June, July and August
and what ever time the Lord would have me in Asian.I valued your prayers in directing me to people, groups and churches.
God blessYou a lot
Dr.Juan Daneil Lim. Melbourne