Saturday, February 6, 2010

LOVING GOD & LOVING PEOPLE

I had a wonderful cultural dinner and enjoyed a dance performance with some friends from around the world. I enjoyed eating the sticky rice, the fellowship and watching the various cultural dances. I even got on the floor and performed some of these dances. It was fun learning a dance from another culture. (See photos)


LOVING GOD & LOVING PEOPLE

1 John 4:7-11 (New International Version)

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son[a] into the world that we might live through him. 10This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

Experience the miracle of His love

I believe one of the greatest miracles we can experience is the love of God through Christ. The Bible says that God is love. God demonstrated His love through sending Jesus to die for our sins. God took the initiative to love us so we can respond to His love. The Bible says we love God because He first loved us.

When I heard about the unconditional love of God 21 years ago, I wanted to receive and experience more of His love in my life. Since then, His love has changed me in so many ways. I have been transformed by the love of God. He helped me change my sinful nature into Christ-likeness. He replaced my bad habits with good habits. He drove away my fears and gave me His strength. I love God because of what He has done in my life. God has given me so much peace, joy, strength and blessings over the years. I want to love Him more because of what He had in my life

Have you experienced the miracle of God's love? His love will change you for the better both now and forever.

Experience the miracle of sharing His love

Our lives are complete when we live like a river where water flows in and out into the open sea. Likewise, after we experience the love of God, we can release the love of God to others so they can be blessed.

I remember years ago, when a Christian friend called Andrew Lee showed God's love to me. I was jobless and homeless. He offered his place for me to stay for three months until I was able to find work and accommodation. Andrew sacrificed his privacy by allowing me to share a room with him. He cooked dinner for me and did many other kind things so I could feel the love of God.

Years later, I also repeated the same act of love by allowing my friend to stay in my rented apartment free of charge until he could find his own place. When we forward God's love to another person, it can create a chain reaction. We can build a loving community instead of a divisive and isolated community.

Have you experience the miracle of sharing His love to others? Try to forward God's love this week because someone can experience the love of God through you.


No comments: