Wednesday, February 24, 2010

BEYOND DREAMS

On Saturday, I went around the city for sightseeing and lunch. Then, I met up with Ps Lim and Peung from Alive Church for fellowship. We had a wonderful seafood dinner with leaders and members. It was a very memorable experience for me to catch up with old friends. I love the food in Thailand. It is irresistable!


BEYOND DREAMS

We have a God that loves to do things beyond our dreams! Read Ephesians 3:20-21

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen! Ephesians 3:20-21

What are your dreams? Do you dream of having a better life, a bigger future or more fulfilment in life? I would like to share how to live beyond our dreams.

Beyond dreams starts with knowing God

God has greater and grander dreams for our lives than we think! God is big and He has big dreams for all of us. My dreams are so small in comparison to the dreams that God has for me. I am so glad that I came to know God 21 years ago. When we discover God, we also discover His great dreams for our lives. God is a personal God. He is a relational God. He longs to impart dreams and visions into our lives because He desires the best for us. God speaks to us in so many ways. We need to communicate and listen to God.

Beyond dreams starts with giving control to God

Wonderful things can happen in our lives when we surrender to God. Allow God to be the driver of our lives. When I was a new believer, I struggled with giving God control of my life because I was afraid of the unknown and I feared God would mess up my plans. I did not trust God enough to follow His plans for my life. But over the years, I’ve discovered that God’s plans are always better than mine. I am learning to put my trust even more than before because God is faithful to His Words and promises.

Beyond dreams starts with the local church


Just as we need a natural family for nurturing and development, we need the local church for spiritual growth. God works through the local church to bring blessings into our lives. A local church is like a family. It is not just a building or organisation. The church is a place where God’s given dreams can be received and fulfilled. I know of some successful Christian business people in the local church. God gave them dreams to start business ventures with little resources and experience. But over time, their businesses grew and prospered. God dreams can be birthed and formed within the local church.

Start to live a life beyond dreams with God today because He desires the best for us!


No comments: