Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A GENEROUS GOD

My close friends know that I carry a camera everywhere I go. I love photography. I love taking pictures of beautiful sceneries and nature. I visited a beautiful garden with Ps Mark, Susan, Eric and Atom. I really enjoyed taking photos of the colourful flowers in the garden. It was a relaxing day with my best friend Ps Mark. We share the same interests: God and photography. He just bought a new D90 Nikon camera and a photography magazine so we had lots to talk about.

A GENEROUS GOD

How do you view God? Do you see God as a selfish and stingy God who wants to take everything from your life? Our view of God can determine our behaviour and lifestyle. Read 2 Corinthians 9:6-11

2 Corinthians 9:6-11 (New International Version)

6Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 7Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 9As it is written:"He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor; his righteousness endures forever."10Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 11You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

For the last 21 years of my Christian life, my perception of God has changed from seeing Him as stingy to viewing Him as a generous God.
God initiates giving

Have you ever thought about where the concept of giving came from in the first place? Why did God encourage us to give to one another? It is because God was the one who initiated giving. He desires for us to love one another through the act of giving and helping others. God gave His most treasured possession: Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins. He gave us the best so we can have an abundant life in this world and the next.
God gives to the giver

God gives generously to us so we can be generous and help other people. God meets our needs so we can support, provide and bless others. We can give to others what God gave to us. I really want to live my life as a blessing to other people around me. I pray for God to give me what I am lacking in my life so I can be an even greater blessing to others. I really desire for more of God's love, wisdom, anointing, and gifts of the Holy Spirit so I can be a blessing to others.
God blesses the givers

God will give further increase in our lives when we live out the principle of receiving and giving. He gives us more love, wisdom, anointing and gifts of the Holy Spirit when we become

His channel of blessings.

Personally, I had seen so many miracles in my life as I surrender my life to serve God and people. This week during the healing service, a crippled man started to walk for the first time. Another man recovering from a stroke started to walk more freely. He began to cry on the stage. Also, a few people in the church started to cry with joy when they witnessed this miracle. A lady blind in one eye saw some light, compared to the total darkness before. A few deaf and mute people were able to speak.

Start to know the Giver so you can be a blessing to others.


No comments: