Sunday, October 25, 2009

THE PROMISE CLAIMER

I had the privilege of staying in a nice hotel recently. I took some photos of the scenery around the hotel on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I just love walking and relaxing along the sea. I feel peace and joy when I see blue sky above and ocean below because it reminds me of our awesome Creator.


THE PROMISE CLAIMER

I thank God for wonderful parents who took good care of me and my siblings. My parents had their hands full; they had seven children: six boys and one girl. I was known as number five in the family because I was the fifth oldest. I had a loving mother; she did her best to provide for our needs. I remember asking my mother to make a new shirt for me to wear for a party. She promised me that she would make a nice shirt in time for the party. I did not doubt her promise, I just simply believed her because she said it. Sure enough on the day of the party, I had a brand new shirt to wear.

I like the story of the royal official who came to Jesus with a request to heal his son from a critical illness in John 4:46-53.

John 4:46-53 (New International Version)

Once more he visited Cana in Galilee, where he had turned the water into wine. And there was a certain royal official whose son lay sick at Capernaum. When this man heard that Jesus had arrived in Galilee from Judea, he went to him and begged him to come and heal his son, who was close to death."Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders," Jesus told him, "you will never believe." The royal official said, "Sir, come down before my child dies."Jesus replied, "You may go. Your son will live." The man took Jesus at his word and departed. While he was still on the way, his servants met him with the news that his boy was living. When he inquired as to the time when his son got better, they said to him, "The fever left him yesterday at the seventh hour."Then the father realized that this was the exact time at which Jesus had said to him, "Your son will live." So he and all his household believed.


Promise Claimers trust in the character of God

The royal official begged Jesus to come to his home and heal his son who was close to death. Jesus was not able to visit the official’s home. Instead, Jesus just gave a promise that his son will be restored to wholeness. The Bible says that the royal official did not question Jesus’ words but he just believed and headed home. A servant brought him the good news of the restoration of his son which occurred when Jesus gave the promise.

Promise Claimers wait for God’s timing

God desires for us to be “The Promise Claimer” like the royal official in John 4:46-53. We need to believe what God has promised to us in the Bible and claim it by faith. Sometimes, God’s promises come to pass instantly like this story. Other times, God’s promises could take much longer; Abraham and Sarah waited twenty-five years for their son Isaac.

Promise Claimers seek the presence of God

It is important to have an intimate relationship with God so we can discover His unlimited and good promises for us. I want to be a “Promise Claimer” because I know that God has many good things in store for my life. Would you seek God today? Would you allow God to give you His many wonderful promises? Would you trust God to fulfil His promises in your life? Be a “Promise Claimer” today.


A HEALING STORY

I had been suffering from a hyper-thyroid problem for about 10 years and there was a swelling of the thyroid gland on both sides of my throat, like a lump.


Whenever I drink water, I can feel the muscles in my throat cramp up and it was difficult for me to swallow. Last week, when Pastor Peter Truong invited those who wanted healing to go to the altar for prayer, I went forward. As Peter prayed for me, I felt a heat sensation on my throat. I put my hand on my throat and felt a difference; the swelling was gone. Two of my younger sisters confirmed that the swelling has gone and my throat is now looks normal. When I drink water now, there is no more discomfort or cramp. I would like to thank God for healing me and thank Peter Truong and the church leaders for their prayers. Praise God! God bless you all.

Testimony by Phua Siew Hia


No comments: