Tuesday, July 7, 2009

MY FRIENDS IN BRISBANE

I thank God for the many friends that I have in Brisbane, Australia. Recently, I took some photos with my friends during a Bible Conference in Brisbane.


Praying for your own healing

One night, I was lying in bed and I could hear load noises in my right ear and I was in extreme pain. I was unable to sleep because of the sudden pain in my right ear. I felt as if my right ear was going to explode. This pain in my right ear never occurred before. I laid my hand on my right ear and asked Jesus to heal me. Then, I went out of my room and asked a few friends to pray for my right ear. I went back to my room and prayed again until the pain disappeared. This incident reminded me about the importance of praying for your own healing. We need to believe God for personal healing and not just for the healing of others.

James 5:13-18 (New International Version)

The Prayer of Faith

13 Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. 14 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. 16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. 17Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. 18Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.

God answered Elijah's prayer. The Bible says that Elijah was a man just like us and yet God listened to his prayer. We can believe God to listen to our prayers when we are in trouble or need healing. Let's offer our prayer to God in faith.

Pizza lunch with friends



No comments: