Monday, July 20, 2009

MIRACLES IN HOPE BRISBANE

I am really glad to be healthy again after being unwell for the past 2 weeks. I spent most of the time in bed. I thank God for the many friends in Brisbane, Australia and overseas who were praying for my recovery. I am feeling good and ready to serve God again. I had a wonderful time staying at home, resting and seeking God. It has been a busy last six months of traveling to so many places in Australia and overseas. I needed to be recharged and refreshed by God. I needed to reconnect to my heavenly Father once again. Finding my joy, motivation and purpose in serving God. Thank God for His refreshing touch during this time of rest.

Photos of my friends in Melbourne, Australia


Miracles in Hope Brisbane

In the month of August, our church is having a Freedom Month program. Our theme this year is "Miracles". We believe God for miracles in our lives, family, church and in the community. I am one of the speakers during the Freedom Month. It will be exciting to see God release His miracles in the church.

I experienced a personal miracle today. I left my laptop on Friday night at a community hall which was locked until the following Monday. Many people use the community hall so I was concerned that someone would take my laptop. My laptop is relatively new, only one year old. I spent the whole weekend praying for my laptop, praying that no one would steal it. I asked God to give me the assurance in my heart that my laptop will still be there on Monday and He did. God gave me two dreams that my laptop will be safe while I was sleeping.

On Monday, I went to the community hall and discovered that someone has removed my laptop from its original place. I panicked and wondered where is my laptop. The two men in the hall showed me another room where my laptop was placed on a table. I was so glad to see my laptop again. It confirmed to me the two dreams I had last night that I would see my laptop again. God is so good! He give us assurance and peace when we asked Him. This incident has taught me to draw close to God at all times. God can work miracles when we commit everything in prayer.

Are you in need of a miracle today? Draw close to God and ask Him to do something extraordinary in your life today. I love a quote by Frank Damazio; he said "If God exist, miracles are possible".

John 2:1-11 (New International Version)

Jesus Changes Water to Wine

1On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus' mother was there, 2and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3When the wine was gone, Jesus' mother said to him, "They have no more wine."

4"Dear woman, why do you involve me?" Jesus replied, "My time has not yet come." 5His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you." 6Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.[a]

7Jesus said to the servants, "Fill the jars with water"; so they filled them to the brim. 8Then he told them, "Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet." They did so, 9and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10and said, "Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now."

11This, the first of his miraculous signs, Jesus performed in Cana of Galilee. He thus revealed his glory, and his disciples put their faith in him.

Today, I am reminded of Jesus performing His first miracle in Cana of Galilee. He turned water into wine. This was not His last miracle. He still continues to perform miracles in the 21st century. Amen!


No comments: