Tuesday, June 21, 2011

SURRENDER

I had a wonderful family holiday in Las Vegas, Nevada.

SURRENDER
I remember a time when I was in the mission field. My stomach was not accustomed to the local cuisine and I had terrible diarrhoea. All I could think about was going back home and back to my comfortable surroundings. My prayer was "Lord, get me on the next available flight home." As I was walking along a dusty road, suddenly, I heard a choir singing with a loud voice a famous hymn called "I Surrender All". I knew without a shadow of doubt that this song was God’s reply to my prayer. God wanted me to learn about surrendering to His perfect will for my life rather than going my own way. I had to learn to trust in His unfailing love even in the midst of trials. God took care of all my needs as I surrendered my will to His will. I had a great time in the rest of the mission trip because I chose to follow God.

Proverbs 16:3 (New International Version)


Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.
Galatians 2:20 (Contemporary English Version)

I have died, but Christ lives in me. And I now live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave his life for me.


These two Bible verses really have spoken to me over the years about surrendering to God's perfect will. We need to commit to God in everything that we do so that He can bless us. We need to allow God to work through all aspects of our lives such as relationships, family, marriage, career, business etc. God's love, mercy and power should motivate us to trust in Him in every situation of our lives. God is faithful because He sent Jesus to die for us. Apostle Paul surrendered his life and life for Christ because Christ had died for him.
Living a life of surrendering to Christ will lead to freedom, liberty and joy to us on earth.


1 comment:

yeu@nn said...

Thanks bro! Encouraging :) esp when i'm saving up to go for a longer short-term missions trip to a particular country next year :)