Thursday, June 24, 2010

SACRIFICE OF LOVE

This is one of my all time favourite worship songs is called "At the Cross" by Hillsong. Every time I listen or sing this song, it reminds me about the love of Christ on the cross for my sins. I pray that God will touch your heart as you watch and listen to this song.



SACRIFICE OF LOVE

I wonder what it is like to know that you were born to die for others. How would you feel knowing that each day was a step closer towards death? And not just any kind of death, but the most painful and slow death known in your time. Read Luke 18:31-32

Jesus took the Twelve aside and told them, "We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled. He will be handed over to the Gentiles. They will mock him, insult him, spit on him, flog him and kill him. Luke 18:31-32

Jesus told His disciples that His day of sacrifice on the cross for love was coming closer. He was getting ready to fulfil every prophecy spoken about His death in the Old Testament. Read Psalm 22:14-18:

I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint. My heart has turned to wax; it has melted away within me. My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death. Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet. I can count all my bones; people stare and gloat over me. Psalm 22:14-18

King David wrote this in Psalms a thousand years before Jesus' crucifixion during the Roman Empire. The prophet Isaiah wrote about Jesus dying for the sins of the people by being pierced. Jesus will be slaughtered like a sheep. Read Isaiah 53:4-7:

Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. 5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. 6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth. Isaiah 53:4-7

The sacrifice of love on the cross is for you and me. Jesus died on the cross so that we can have new life on earth and spend eternity in heaven with God. God sent His Son Jesus to demonstrate a sacrificial love that all can experience. Have you experience the love of Christ personally because His love will change your life forever.

No comments: