Monday, November 30, 2009

CREATIVE MIRACLES

I love the banner I saw at the healing service which said "Jesus heals, Jesus restores when you come to HIM". The banner showed picture of a hand reaching out to Jesus. The hand represents the bleeding woman in the bible. She was healed after she touched Jesus' clothes (Read Luke 8). I took a photo with Desmond and Maire in front of the banner. I took a photo of a beautiful flower and coconut pudding. I love coconut pudding! Has anyone had coconut pudding before?

[ I love coconut pudding!]

CREATIVE MIRACLES

When I was a child, I loved to watch magic shows either live or on television. I was entranced by the ability of the magician to pull a rabbit or a pigeon out of his hat. Where did the rabbit or pigeon come from? How did he create something out of nothing? What is the source of his creative power?

After I became a Christian, I read of another creative worker in the Bible. God created the world and universe out of nothing. Then, God created humankind from the dust. During the forty years in the desert, God provided manna from heaven for a population of over a million people. Jesus turned water in wine and fed five thousand people.

I would like to share about another amazing creative miracle through the prophet Elijah.

1 Kings 17:7-16 (New International Version)

7 Some time later the brook dried up because there had been no rain in the land. 8 Then the word of the LORD came to him: 9 "Go at once to Zarephath of Sidon and stay there. I have commanded a widow in that place to supply you with food." 10 So he went to Zarephath. When he came to the town gate, a widow was there gathering sticks. He called to her and asked, "Would you bring me a little water in a jar so I may have a drink?" 11 As she was going to get it, he called, "And bring me, please, a piece of bread."
12 "As surely as the LORD your God lives," she replied, "I don't have any bread—only a handful of flour in a jar and a little oil in a jug. I am gathering a few sticks to take home and make a meal for myself and my son, that we may eat it—and die." 13 Elijah said to her, "Don't be afraid. Go home and do as you have said. But first make a small cake of bread for me from what you have and bring it to me, and then make something for yourself and your son. 14 For this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'The jar of flour will not be used up and the jug of oil will not run dry until the day the LORD gives rain on the land.' " 15 She went away and did as Elijah had told her. So there was food every day for Elijah and for the woman and her family. 16 For the jar of flour was not used up and the jug of oil did not run dry, in keeping with the word of the LORD spoken by Elijah.

There was drought and famine in the land. God led Elijah to a widow who had a son. This widow was so poor that she gathered what she had left for one last meal with her son before preparing to die. God however, had other plans. Elijah commanded the widow to give him a portion of her last meal. She didn’t need to fear though; God promised to provide a continual flow of oil and flour until the rain fell again.

The widow obeyed the word of the Lord through Elijah and prepared bread for Elijah. The Bible said God provided for Elijah, the widow and her son everyday during the famine. The jar of oil and floor never ran out. There was a fresh supply from heaven each day. Some theologians believed that the widow cooked over a thousand meals.

Have you ever asked any of the following questions?
  • Can God perform creative miracles today?
  • Are creative miracles relevant for today?
  • How can we pray for creative miracles?
God never changes in character and power

If we believe that God is the same yesterday, today and forever as written in Hebrews, then we should also believe that God can perform creative miracles today. If God can create the stars and universe out of nothing, He can do it again today.

Creative miracles are necessary for today

I heard a creative miracle where a lady had both her breasts removed due to cancer. After prayer, God gave her new breasts. I also heard of man who lost his finger due to an accident; after prayer God restored his finger and even gave him a new finger nail. I witnessed a lady who had no eardrum due to an infection. She was deaf for 60 years and after prayer, God gave her a new eardrum and she was able to hear for the first time.

Pray for creative miracles with right motives

We cannot manipulate or force God to do creative miracles on our behalf. God is sovereign and He chooses to do things according to His love and wisdom. We need to be wise in how we ask God for creative miracles. Why should God send down food from heaven when we don’t want to work? I believe we can pray for many creative miracles that can bring glorify His name. People who are sick need creative miracles from God today. Let’s pray with faith for God to performed creative miracles today.

HEALING STORY


I had been suffering from agonizing headaches for three years. After I went out for prayer on Sunday, I felt much relief from my headache. I thank God for His mercy and healing.

Testimony by Rakan

No comments: