Monday, August 31, 2009

KEEPING HOPE ALIVE

I had a wonderful afternoon walking around on Orchard Road. I was particularly interested to see the new Ion Orchard Shopping Mall. A lot of my friends in Singapore told me about it. Indeed, the Ion Orchard is so big that you can get lost inside. There are so many shops and food stores in all the different levels of the shopping mall. I enjoyed being among the crowd walking around and looking at all the new stores. I took many photos in and outside of Ion Orchard. As you can gather, one of my hobbies is to take photos of all the new places I visit around the world.

Keeping Hope Alive

It is so importance to keep our hope alive in God. There are so many things around that may discourage us from believing the goodness of God. I was really encouraged by the Lord during my devotion time from Psalm 77:11-14:

Psalm 77:11-14 (New International Version)

11 I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. 12 I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds. 13 Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God? 14 You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples.

This passage of scriptures help us to keep our hope alive in all situations by:

Remember who God really is

Sometimes, we can wonder where is God in my life? Is God really working in our family, business and ministry? We may get discouraged by looking at our current situation or the (lack of) progress in our lives. The psalmist encourages us to remember the deeds of the Lord. In time of uncertainty or discouragement, we need to remember what God has done in our lives. We need to remember His love, faithfulness and goodness.

Remember what God has done in the past

We need to recall all the big or small miracles God has performed in our lives. We need to mediate on all His works and consider all His mighty deeds. The blessings of God include our family, friendships, job and purpose in life. God wants us to shift our focus from ourselves or our circumstances and look to His love and power. We need to remind ourselves what God has done to inspire us of a greater future in Him.

God continue to perform mighty acts today

What God has done in the past, He can do even greater in present and future. Do lose sight of God because He has never change. Read Hebrew 13:8

Hebrews 13:8 (New International Version)

8Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Our hope is founded in God unchanging nature. His love and goodness never change. We need to seek God more than ever so we can experience more of Him. Allow God to do great things in our lives as we remember His mighty deeds and press forward for greater anointing, provision and blessings.

My Story Video

I really like this video showing life transformation through the love of Christ. I hope you will be encouraged.




No comments: