Monday, August 24, 2009

A FUN DAY IN SINGAPORE

I had a fun day at the Singapore duck tour. The tour took us to all the historical and attractive places on the river and city. The tour guide did a great job mentioning various facts about Singapore. I had a wonderful time videoing the tour and taking photos with my friends during the boat ride.

I enjoy reading Psalms for my devotion. There are so many good promises and encouragements from God in the book of Psalms. Today I read Psalm 52.

Psalm 52:8-9 (New International Version)

8 But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. 9 I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.

Living in the blessings of God

His love and blessings awaits us each new day

God desires for us to dwell in His presence at all times. David loved to be in the presence of God. He sought God at all occasions. David had many troubled times in his life but he never forsook God. He always ran to God for help and deliverance in challenging and difficult times. In Psalms 52:8, David spoke about prospering in the house of God and trusting in His unfailing love.

8 But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever.

I found great comfort in knowing that God is always there for me. I can run to Him anytime to seek His face. God's unfailing love is waiting for me when I come to Him. God is the anchor of my life. He is my foundation in a changing world. Let us come into the presence of God everyday and trust in His unfailing love. God cares about your situation in life and He wants to embrace you with His unfailing love.

His power awaits us each new day

David praised God for all the wonderful things God has done in his life. It is great to know that God not only loves us but He has the power to help us. God's love and power are available to us each day. No matter what mountains or obstacles we face in life, God is more than able to help us overcome.

9 I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.

David placed his hope in God because of His love and power. David declared the goodness of God. I am relying on the love and power of God each day of my life. Sometimes, I feel inadequate and limited in my ability to accomplish tasks set before me. I am learning to cry to God for His mighty hands to intervene in my life and circumstances.

Last week, I was praying for a student in Singapore with a group of friends. She was not able to stand on one foot because she would feel severe pain. During prayer, she felt God was touching her foot and it became hot. Then, she felt the pain disappeared from her foot as she put weight on it. She was so happy that the love and power of God came upon her that day.

God is near so seek Him today.


No comments: