Sunday, October 5, 2008

FULL MOON FESTIVAL IN HONG KONG

I am really glad to meet up with my cousin (Tung) and his wife in Hong Kong. I stayed in their beautiful apartment for one week which overlook the sea. I am so happy to see my cousin accepted Christ while studying in Australia. I had the privilege of bringing him to Christ over 15 ago years. Both Tung and his wife are serving God in Hong Kong. I can see that God is blessing his career, marriage and family. He also has a cute son called Joshua.


(Above photo) We went to "All you can eat" supper at a nice hotel in Hong Kong. You can see that I really enjoy the food in Hong Kong!

My first ever "Full Moon Festival" in Hong Kong. It was so much fun as thousand of people gathered at Victoria Park to celebrate this special event in Chinese calendar. It was a public holiday in Hong Kong.

I just bought my first SLR Canon 1000D camera in Hong Kong because the electronic goods are cheaper. I took many photos with my new camera. I really like all the features on this camera. You can see the special effects on my new camera.


(Below Photo) A traditional dance performance at Full Moon Festival.


I took a photo with colorful lanterns at Full Moon Festival. The whole park was filled with colorful array of lights.


(Photo below) At the park, hundreds of people sitting and chatting in small circles with their friends and family. I had to borrow a lantern for a photo! By the way, I really enjoy eating "Full Moon Cake". Anyone got some left over????


(Photo below) This is my main transportation in Hong Kong - MTR, underground train. It is so fast and easy to travel in Hong Kong. It can be jam pack on the train, especially during rush hours in the morning and after work.


I thank God for a great healing happened at Hope Hong Kong Filipino Healing service. A Filipino lady had a big lump on her wrist and after prayer the lump totally disappeared! There were 23 people accepted Christ at this healing service. God is moving!

1When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. 2For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. 4My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, 5so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power. 1 Cor 2: 1-5

I want to encourage all of us with these verses by Apostle Paul to the believers in Corinthians. He inspired the believers about the Holy Spirit's power in preaching of the Gospel. We need to rely on God's power as we serve Him and not just on men's wisdom. Let the power of God be in our daily life so the world may know Him.



1 comment:

Tung & Helen said...

Missing the photo where you borrow the lantern ;)