Sunday, March 27, 2011

FAITH PRAYER

I had a wonderful seafood buffet dinner with my two friends, Ford and Dontana in Bangkok.

FAITH PRAYER

Faith is so vital in prayer. Faith is trusting God to answer our prayers no matter how long it takes...


17 Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. 18 Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops. James 5:17-18

Some prayers get answered immediately by God while other prayers will take longer. We should not doubt God when we do not see prayers answered within our expected time frame. Over the years, I have come to understand that God’s time frame of answering prayers is so different from mine. My responsibility is just to pray. Afterwards, I want to have peace while waiting for God to answer my prayer. I do not want to have any doubts about God’s love and His ability to answer my prayers. It is so easy to slide back in unbelief when we see nothing happen. In the Bible, Elijah kept praying for the rain to fall even though there had been no rain in Israel for three and half years.

When the rain finally fell, Elijah did not pray just once, but he prayed seven times for rain to fall. There was only a small cloud in the sky after Elijah seven prayers, yet God brought the wind and created bigger clouds for a heavy rain. Faith in God is needed to see the greater works of God in our lives. I am sure Elijah was discouraged when nothing seemed to happen, but he persevered in prayer and witnessed the power of God in sending rain after a long drought.


Our faith in God and His abilities can influence the outcome of our prayers. When we have great faith in God, all things are possible.


No comments: