Monday, September 13, 2010

A SPECIAL SHEPHERD

I had an awesome afternoon on the ferry tour around Sydney harbour. The scenery was breathtaking. I was close to the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House. I also saw a boat sailing along the harbour. Like a good tourist, I took lots of photos! Sydney is one most of the most beautiful city in the world.


A SPECIAL SHEPHERD

The Bible refers to Jesus as the special shepherd to help us understand the great measure of God's love toward us. Jesus is the special shepherd because He chose to die for His sheep: the people of the world. Every time I read about the sacrificial death of Christ in the Bible, I am stirred in my heart to appreciate and love God even more. Read John 10:11-18

John 10:11-18 (New International Version)

11"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. 13The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

14"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

I would like to share about what Jesus’ death means to me:

The death of Christ brings freedom from sin

I was a prisoner of sin. I was unable to escape the bad habits and attitudes that were harmful to me and others. I couldn’t escape from my sins no matter how hard I tried. Christ's death on the cross meant that He has paid the price for my sins. Now, I am no longer bound to my sinful nature because He has set me free.

Freedom from our sins is found in the death of Christ

The death of Christ brings relationship with the Father

We are designed to have a relationship with God. Without a relationship with God, there is something missing in our lives. We will search for things to satisfy the void. I am so glad to have a personal relationship with God through Jesus.

The Bible says that Jesus is the way to the Father (John 14:6).

The death of Christ brings eternal purpose

Our purpose in life is found in God. A relationship with God will lead you to knowing His purpose for your life. We are not created on earth to exist but to fulfil God's destiny for our lives. God has an exciting adventure for all of us. I love every moment of this life travelling on God's adventure. I pray that you will also experience God’s eternal purpose for your life.

God has an awesome plan for you and me.


No comments: