Monday, September 6, 2010

LIVING FOR HIS GLORY

I had a great time walking around Darling Harbour in Sydney. There were so many people around the world at Darling Harbour for, among others things, dinning, boat tours and fellowship. Here are some of my photos of the scenery at Darling Harbour.


LIVING FOR HIS GLORY

Joshua was a man who devoted his whole life to knowing and serving God. Joshua was Moses’ aide before he led the Israelites into the Promised Land. With the help of God, Joshua and his army were able to conquer and possess the Promised Land. Joshua’s final words to the Israelites before passing away were to encourage them to follow and serve God. Read Joshua 24:14-16

Joshua 24:14-16 (New International Version) 14 "Now fear the LORD and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. 15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." 16 Then the people answered, "Far be it from us to forsake the LORD to serve other gods!

Joshua wanted the Israelites to continue to live under the guidance and blessings of God through loyalty and obedience. I believe we need to encourage each other to serve God just like how Joshua encouraged the Israelites. Our life example of devotion to God and His purpose will inspire others to do likewise. Let us make a decision today to honour God with every breath that He has given us on earth to glorify Him. I hope this worship song on YouTube called "Today" will inspire all of us to follow and serve God.


chorus:
Today I choose to follow you
Today I choose to give my 'yes' to u
Today I choose to hear your voice and live
Today I choose to follow you

Verse:
As for me and my house
we will serve you
as for me and my house
we will spend our lives on you

Bridge:
Wonderful counsellor , Everlasting Father
Eternal King , Lord of hosts
willingly we follow


No comments: