Sunday, May 2, 2010

MY PRESENT HELPER

I had a pleasant afternoon at Glenelg beach in Adelaide with my friends and family. I have always wonderful memories every time I return to my hometown of Adelaide. I completed my secondary school and university studies in Adelaide. I also found Christ in Adelaide twenty one years ago at Paradise Community Church. Adelaide is also famous for its vineyards and wineries. Our family visited the McLaren Vale winery for some red wine tasting.


MY PRESENT HELPER

Currently, a big volcanic eruption in Iceland has filled the sky across Europe with ash and smoke. All the airlines had to cancel flights and passengers were left stranded at the airports and hotels with nowhere to go. Many businesses were affected because of this natural disaster. The world in which we live can be unpredictable. As I am writing this blog, there is a severe drought and earthquake happening at the same time in a particular country.

I found comfort reading these Bible verses during my devotion time this morning from Psalm 46.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Psalm 46:1-2

The Bible says that God is our refuge and strength and an ever-present help in trouble. God is with us in the midst of our troubles and He will give us the strength to walk through our troubles. God is always ready to help us in time of need. We should not fear our situations because God is with us. We need to keep our focus on God and not on our problems or challenges.

Our faith in God will weaken and fear will increase when we lose focus of God.

“Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.” Psalm 46:10

God wants us to be still and know that He is God and He is in control. The earth and the nations are under His dominion and influence. God knows everything before it happens. He has the answer for every situation. We need to surrender to God more each day and allow Him to lead us into His plans and purposes.

He is my present help for every trouble that I face today and tomorrow. God is all powerful and He can do all things.


No comments: