Wednesday, February 11, 2009

LANDED IN MANILA, PHILIPPINES

Manila is a fascinating place to visit. The city is crowded with people everywhere at anytime. The population of Manila is 9.5 millions and growing each day as people move to the city to find work. The people in Manila are friendly. I like to walk around the streets in Manila because there are always somethings to see. I also love visiting the shopping mall in Manila because it is so huge.

Here are photos of Manila


I am staying in front of a shopping mall in Manila. You can see the traffic in Manila is very busy (above).
Don't worry if you are caught in the traffic jam because there are vendors who want to sell things on the road (above).

There are thousands of jeeps in Manila. It is the most affordable transport system in Manila. Every jeep has a different decoration. I am standing in front of a jeep with a picture of mother Mary (above).


I took a photo of three colourful jeeps in blue, green and yellow. It is fun to ride on a jeep. It can be packed inside with many people. A ride cost only 10 peso (above).

This is a city view of Manila busy street traffic (above). Be careful when you cross the road because there are many cars, jeeps, buses and motorbikes!

I am standing in front of a busy street in Manila. The weather is Manila is really nice and cool in February (above)


I went to visit a university in Manila. The university is so big that they have KFC restaurant for students. The university even has it own private hospital inside the campus. There are thousand of students in this university. All of the students dressed in white top and black pants (above).

Sharing to university students in Manila.

I had the opportunity to share with about 8 students over lunch time period. I was inspired by to speak about "knowing God". I spoke from John 17:25-26

John 17:25-26 (New International Version)

25"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

1) Jesus came to make known the Father

The Jews were very religious people but they did not know God personally. Jesus came to demonstrate the heart and nature of God to the people. It is through Jesus that we can come to know God. There is no other way to know God except through Jesus Christ.

2) Jesus continue to make known the Father

The relationship that God wants us to have is on-going. Thus Jesus continue to make known the Father to the disciples through the Holy Spirit. We need to know God personally and not only at a superficial level. We should desire to know God more each day and not be content to yesterday relationship and experience.

3) Jesus wants people to experience God's love

God wants to pour His love into our hearts on a daily basis. In order to experience God's love, we need to seek and know God personally. "Religion" will not draw us closer to God but "relationship" will draw us closer to God. I encouraged the Filipino students to desire to know God for themselves. We ended the meeting with me giving words of encouragement to each student.

I was glad to share my relationship with God to Filipino students. I want to encourage all of us to do likewise. Let us help others to know God personally and not just at the surface level. God is just too good to know too little! Amen!

Healing Testimony:

When I was in Manila, I had an opportunity to pray for a lady with vision problem. She has blur vision in one of her eyes. Pastor Soradej, staff members and myself laid hands on her in the office. After prayer, she testified that her eyesight has improved. She can see things brighter compare to before prayer. Praise God for the opportunity to demonstrate His love and power through prayer.


No comments: