Monday, January 1, 2007

MY FIRST EUROPE ADVENTURE


An adventure of a lifetime…..

I thank God and Hope leaders for the opportunity to travel around Europe in August of 2006. I went to 6 countries (Norway, Netherlands, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Czech Republic and Germany) in 11 weeks. Every week, I was traveling to a different city by plane, train and bus. I walked many kilometers around Europe and took hundreds of photos (photography is one of my passions for those who know me!). It was exciting to see new places, meeting new friends, sharing Christ with people, preaching, prophecy and praying for healing.

He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.” Mark 16:15-18

I really want to encourage you to take an adventure with God and participate in the Great Commission of Jesus Christ. Start serving God and sharing Christ at home and gradually going to the nations.

5 months on the Daniel’s Fast…..

Three months before going to Europe, I decided to do start a “Daniel’s Fast”. I heard about “Daniel’s Fast” before but I would never imagine doing it because I am a meat lover! I’ve really hated vegetables since the day I was born! Hahahaa. Vegetables are bad news for me! I remember that when I was growing up, my grandparents used to force me and my siblings to eat every vegetable on our plates. It was like torture every dinner time!

So I knew from the start it was going to be very challenging. It was hard to see all my friends in care group and church eating chicken, beef, burger, seafood and I’m going around with a bag of carrots, tomatoes and bread. I was dying to eat KFC!!!

But I knew that I needed more of the Holy Spirit and His power for my personal life and ministry. I needed a fresh touch from the Holy Spirit to empower me to do great things for God.

On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Jn 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.” John 7:37-38

Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Eph 5:18

Guess what? After months of eating vegetable diet, I began to like it! Well, it was not that bad after all! But if you want to be my friend, please don’t serve me a plate of vegetables! One of the first things I did when I return to Brisbane was to eat KFC! I love it! My first KFC after 5 months!





quality=high bgcolor=#000000 WIDTH="320" HEIGHT="250" NAME="slideshow"
ALIGN="center" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">


Walking with the Holy Spirit…

When I arrived in Europe, I decided to pray in the Holy Spirit as often as I could. I prayed during my devotional time, I prayed while walking on the streets and at every opportunity. I realised that our spiritual strength comes from the Holy Spirit.

Praying in the Holy Spirit helps us:

  • To be connected with God (John 16:13-15)
  • To be empowered for service (Acts 1:8)
  • To be courageous share the Good News (Acts 4:31)
  • To be strong for spiritual warfare (Eph 6:10-18)

I must admit that I have not always been walking in the Holy Spirit in the past. I was just too busy for the Holy Spirit. I like to do thing my way and as quickly as possible.

This missions trip, I learned to wait on the Holy Spirit to move in spiritual gifts such as prophecy, word of knowledge and healing.

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. Eph 6:18

Let us walk with the Holy Spirit everyday and really make an impact in our world for Jesus.

A Big Hearted Family …

I was deeply moved by the love that was shown to me by our Hope Europe pastors, leaders and members. Thank so much for your friendship, feeding me with the vegetable diet and offering me a place to sleep.

I was also inspired by the commitment and determination to fulfill the Great Commission by our Hope Europe churches. Many Hope Europe leaders and members have taken time of work in order to be part of the evangelism program.

The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 1 Cor 12:12-13

I thank God that we are one body and one family in Christ. The love of Christ has broken down all language and cultural barriers. Please pray for our Hope Europe churches. Europe is regarded as a hard ground for the gospel because it is a post-Christian generation. Perhaps, you want to support the work in Europe.

Do write to me and I love to give you more information about Hope Europe Churches.

7 comments:

Torchie KL said...

Fantastic! looks great pete! I love it!

Peter Truong said...

Dear Torchie

Thank for your constant encouragement ! Your life has been a great inspiration to me and many. It is so great to see your ministry "Ablaze Ministries International" continue to grow over the year!!

Love

Peter Truong

PK said...

Dear Peter,

Your blog is really cool. The photo album is extra cooooool....

Love & best wishes,

PK

Claire said...

Hello Peter,

Wonderful testimony! I love specially about the part of Daniel fast...I am very moved by your commitment on fasting.. will try to follow your footprint:)

With blessing & prayer,

Claire

Peter Truong said...

Dear Ps PK

Thank you for your encouragement.

Love

Peter TRuong

Peter Truong said...

Dear Clair

Continue to seek God and thank for your prayers.

God Bless!

Peter Truong

Unknown said...

Hello Peter,

Your blog is very wonderful !!
Thanks so much Peter.

God bless.
Prem
Hope of Chiang-Mai,Th.