Wednesday, January 17, 2007

HEALING POWER AT YOUTH CAMP

AWESOME ABLAZE YOUTH CAMP

After coming back from Europe, I went to a Youth Camp organised by Ablaze Ministries International.

I have been so encouraged seeing this youth ministry led by Torchie (Director of AMI) continue to grow every year. There were 64 people at the camp this year.

Torchie shared 3 powerful messages throughout the camp about being set free from fear and infused by the spirit of God, Infused to impact the world and, Infused by Godly influence. God moved powerfully through these messages as every altar call was swarmed with young people lifting up their hands and on their knees committing themselves to God and to His purpose.

SPEAKING ON THE HEALING

I had the privilege to speak a workshop called “Infused by the Supernatural”. I shared the story of Apostle Peter & John healing the crippled beggar at the temple courts (Acts 3:1-7). Below is the outline of my message.

Three essentials to moving in healing:

  1. Be a disciple of Christ (Acts 3:1)
  2. Be ready to ask for healing (Acts 3:2-6)
  3. Be ready to exercise faith (Acts 3:7)
At the end of the workshop, Torchie and I made an altar for healing. Many youth came forward for prayer. Below is a testimony from Jessica who was healed by God.

JESSICA HEALING TESTIMONY

Hello, my name is Jessica and I’ve been a part of Ablaze for over a year now. On the second day of our Ablaze ’06 camp (named Infusion), Torch and Peter Truong called for anyone who wanted to be prayed for healing to come to the front and take a seat. As they took the seat, the rest of us gathered around them and started to pray for their healing. As we prayed, I felt this strong presence of God that really overwhelmed me as I prayed for my brothers and sisters in tongues. The Holy Spirit really stirred in my heart and suddenly prompted and reminded me of my left ankle that I sprained over a month ago and had not yet fully healed.

And as I continued to pray for my other brothers and sisters as well as myself, I suddenly felt this warm burning sensation in my left ankle. I wasn’t sure what it was as first, until we finished prayer and I started walking on it that I realised I GOT HEALED!

Wow God is truly amazing! Though I wasn’t one of the people at the front getting prayed for, my faith in God’s healing pow
er for my brothers and sisters healed me! PRAISE GOD!!

DEMONSTRATE HIS HEALING POWER

I want to encourage all of us to step out in faith and to believe God to heal people at care group,
church, school, office etc.

God wants to demonstrate His healing power so people will believe in Him. Apostle Paul said:

“My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.” 1 Corinthians 2:4-5

COME TO THE NEXT YOUTH CAMP

I would like to thank Torchie for the opportunity to speak at the camp. Also, I want to thank Nick Lim for organising the camp. I enjoyed it very much and hope to come again in 2007. Torchie told me that the Ablaze Camp will be held during the July holidays.

I highly recommend you to attend the upcoming youth camp. Torchie is a dynamic speaker and the Ablaze Worship Team is awesome!

visit: Ablaze Ministries International website

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Uncle Peter!

It's so great and so encouraging to hear about what God is doing over there in the auzzie Hope youth! Really believe that He will continue what He's started!

We're praying that God will do the same here in Auckland too!

God Bless!