Tuesday, May 29, 2012

FAITH FOR MIRACLES SERIES: 1. POWER OF HIS WORDS


FAITH FOR MIRACLES SERIES - 


1. POWER OF HIS WORDS
  • Miracles happen when we Believe in every word of the Bible.
Do we believe every word in the Bible is the inspired Word of God? Or do we pick and choose only what we like to believe or what other people want us to believe? In order for us to have a radical life transformation, we need to believe in every word of God. We need to have a deep conviction that what is written in the Bible is for every believer and it is applicable for today. It is not a historical book to stimulate our minds and emotions. God has given us His words so that we will live according to His plan, guideline and purpose.


Scripture references:


2 Timothy 3:16-17


All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,  so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.


John 14:11-14


Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.


Mark 16:15-18


He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;  they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.” 


Acts 5:12-16


The apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders among the people. And all the believers used to meet together in Solomon’s Colonnade. No one else dared join them, even though they were highly regarded by the people. Nevertheless, more and more men and women believed in the Lord and were added to their number. As a result, people brought the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and mats so that at least Peter’s shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by.  Crowds gathered also from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing their sick and those tormented by evil spirits, and all of them were healed. 

No comments: