Monday, January 9, 2012

OVERCOMING FEAR



OVERCOMING FEAR

God is good at helping us overcome our fears so we can do extraordinary things for him. Make a decision today to step out in faith for God.
2 Timothy 1:7: “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline”.

God is good at helping us overcome our fears so we can become who God want us to be and do what God want us to accomplish. We can be confident and courageous as people of God because the Holy Spirit is living in us. God chose to dwell in His people rather than in a building. Wherever we go or whatever we do, the Holy Spirit is helping us to overcome our fears by filling us with the power of God.

Over the years, God has helped me overcome some fears in my life. My number one fear was speaking in public. I froze whenever I stood in front of people. I struggled to speak in front of crowds; I was lost for words and I became very nervous. I avoided any form of public speaking for many years. However, when I saw other Christians speaking boldly before people, I said to myself, “I can do what they do because the same Holy Spirit is living in me.” Therefore, I started to pray and practice public speaking as often as I could. I took every opportunity to stand before people and testify the goodness and greatness of God. I began to see the fruits of my public speaking because God was helping me.

Whatever fear we are facing today, allow God to convert our fear into strength because His power is living in us. We can bring blessings to many people by being and doing what God called us.

God is faithful to help us become more like Christ each day by living a life without fear.


No comments: