Tuesday, November 16, 2010

COMPASSION


COMPASSION

Recently, I had the opportunity to visit a slum and meet its inhabitants. I went into a small room packed with people. They patiently waited for me to bring God's Word. I shared about God's love and prayed for every person in the room. The people were so happy that someone would visit their humble homes and pray for their needs. There was a big round of applause at the end of the meeting. I did not realise that my presence meant so much to them. All I did was just listen to their needs and prayed for God's blessing upon their lives. I took a few hours of my time and it made a difference in their lives.
Jesus reached out to the disadvantaged and the hurting during his three-year ministry on earth. He showed compassion and love to those who were suffering and neglected by others. Read Matthew 8:1-3.

Jesus Heals a Man With Leprosy


When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. 2 A man with leprosy[a] came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.” Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy. (Matthew 8:1-3)


No one came near a leprous person because it was an infectious disease; sufferers were declared unclean by religious law. However, Jesus heard the desperate cry of this poor leper. He reached out to touch and heal him. Jesus broke down all social and religious barriers to demonstrate God's unconditional love to this man. Let us use Jesus as our example to show love and compassion to the hurting around us. Let us bring hope and a smile on someone's face.


2 comments:

yeu@nn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yeu@nn said...

Wow.. thank God for you, brother Peter! :D May the Lord cont to use u to be an instrument, not only of preaching and teaching, but also His agent of compassion and grace to a world that is lost n hurting!