Tuesday, October 5, 2010

iJESUS

I had a wonderful time in Fiji. The people in Fiji are very friendly. When I walk down the street, people greet me with the word “Bula” (hello in Fijian). I like the local food. I love swimming and fishing in Fiji. I caught two rainbow fishes on a fishing boat with some friends. We cooked the fishes at a Chinese restaurant and it was very fresh and tasty. I hope to return to this beautiful island in the near future.


iJESUS

I love my IPod! I carry it around wherever I go. I have my IPod when I am walking, on public transport, driving my car and when I’m flying. I have many songs and sermons on my IPod for endless listening. The IPod is my favourite piece of technology. There is another person that I carry wherever I go - Jesus. I love having the presence of Jesus with me. The Bible says that Jesus lives inside of us. When He died of the cross and went to heaven, He did not desert His disciples, He promised to send the Holy Spirit –another Counsellor. Read John 14:15-20:

“If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. John 14:20

Jesus is in us to give direction

The Bible says that God will send a counsellor to be our helper. The Holy Spirit will lead and guide us into making a good decision.

Jesus is in us to give love

We can walk in the love of Christ because His love is in us. As God loves Jesus, Jesus also loves us. We can sense the love of God through the Holy Spirit living in us.

“Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. John 15:9

Jesus is in us to give peace


Jesus gives us peace because He dwells in us. He gives us peace in times of trouble and danger.

“Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. John 14:27


No comments: