Monday, March 22, 2010

THE FINISH LINE

I had a relaxing afternoon with my brother in Perth, Australia. He took some photos of me on Swan River Foreshore. Perth is a beautiful city with nice scenery. This is my second time visiting Perth. I beginning to fall in love with this city. The Chinese restaurants in Perth are very good too.


THE FINISH LINE

We all have a God-given race to run and finish in this life on earth. Read Philippians 3:12-14. We need to run with an eye on crossing the finish line and receiving the prize from God.

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Phil 3:12-14

I would like to share three ways to cross the finish line for God;


Cross the finish line with Christ

How do we define our success in life? Is it through our status, popularity or wealth? Life is more than just becoming successful and prosperous. It is about knowing and experiencing God. Apostle Paul was a successful person in life. He had accomplished many great things as a Pharisee and later became the founder of many churches. In spite of all his achievements, his main purpose was to know Christ. He ran the race of life with an objective of knowing God more intimately. Don’t neglect God because He wants to assist us in the race.

Cross the finish line looking forward

We cannot drive a vehicle and look back at the same time; otherwise we will have an accident. We need to forget the things of the past that would act as a stumbling block to our future. Apostle Paul had his past: he was a persecutor of the church. He even approved the murder of Stephen in the book of Acts. He went around arresting and putting Christians in prisons. However, once he had an encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus, he decided to leave his past behind and serve God.

After I accepted Christ, I had to ask God to help take away my fears and insecurities. I was afraid of many things in life: fear of failures, fear of people, and fear of the future. I was also an insecure person because I did not know my gifting and self-identity. God slowly began to change my thinking and attitudes about myself through the Bible. I did not allow fear and insecurity to stop me from being a new creation in Christ.

Every day, I rely on the grace and power of God to remove my fears and insecurities. Instead, through him, I strive for a better future.

Cross the finish line with heaven rewards

Motivation is so important in life! We need godly motivation to give excitement and inspiration to live this life. Apostle Paul was motivated to serve God because he knew that there was heaven awaiting him after life on earth. Life on earth is short and what we done on earth for God and others will be greatly rewarded in heaven.


No comments: