Sunday, January 17, 2010

CHOSEN INSTRUMENT

I have been attending the 5am morning prayer this week. I need to get up at 4am to get ready for morning prayer. It is a bit tiring because I am not a morning person. When I arrived at the meeting, I was surprised to see so many people seeking and worshiping God. I believe God will reward everyone who seeks His face diligently and with a sincere heart.



CHOSEN INSTRUMENT


When I was reading Acts 9:15, the phrase "Chosen Instrument" really struck me in the heart.


But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. Acts 9:15


God desires to His chosen instrument

It is just like a carpenter who has many tools at his disposal so he can use it for a specific purpose. For example, a carpenter uses a saw to cut the wood, uses a hammer to strike the nail to the wood and a carpenter uses a drill to make a hole. Every tool in the hands of the carpenter was designed for a special purpose and function. God is like a carpenter who desires to use the tools, which represent believers, for His glory. Saul was God’s chosen instrument to become an apostle for his generation.

Apostle Paul planted churches wherever he went. Apostle Paul performed miracles, signs and wonders among the people. Read Acts 14:8-10


In Lystra there sat a man crippled in his feet, who was lame from birth and had never walked. He listened to Paul as he was speaking. Paul looked directly at him, saw that he had faith to be healed and called out, "Stand up on your feet!" At that, the man jumped up and began to walk. Acts 14:8-10


A lame man since birth was able to walk for the first time after Apostle Paul commanded him to stand up on his feet in the name of Jesus.

We need to respond to God's calling

The fact we are chosen by God does not answer the question of how we should live our lives. Do we live our lives with a sense of purpose and destiny or do we just live an ordinary life? I believe God desires for all believers to be His chosen instrument. We are not all called to be like Apostle Paul but God desires to use all of us in a meaningful and significant way for our generation. Read John 15:16

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. John 15:16


Bearing abundant fruits for God


God desires all of His children to go and bear fruit for Him wherever they are called. Some people are called to be in the marketplace, some are called to be at home, some are called to study and some are called to full-time ministry. When we follow the call of God to be His chosen instrument, many lives will be blessed and transformed.

I am praying that God would use all of us as His chosen instruments to bring blessings to the multitudes in 2010. Let's be God's chosen instrument in 2010.

No comments: