Saturday, September 26, 2009

SUPERNATURAL BLOG

I am so encouraged to receive Alex's testimony of how he came to know Christ by reading my blog. His life was transformed by the love of Christ. I pray that you will be inspired through reading this story and allow God to use you to touch someone's life for eternity.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

[My Australian friends]

[My Thai friends]

[My African friends]

SUPERNATURAL BLOG

I am Alex from PJ, Kuala Lumpur. I am a third year medical student. In less than three weeks, I will be flying off to Southampton, United Kingdom to complete my studies.I am really happy to be here today, indeed it is a privilege to share about God’s love and how I came to know God.

This year in January, I finished my phase one at IMU, Bukit Jalil. I applied for an exchange program and I chose Australia as my destination. However, I was matched to the United Kingdom instead. Now I know God moved behind the scenes in my exchange program for me to get to know him. If I had been successful and studied in Australia instead, I would have missed my chance learning about God and Christianity.

It all started one day in March. My cousin and a few of her church friends visited my family. They prayed for us as my mum was suffering from depression. From that day onward, I had an instinct I cannot describe, a desire to know more about their God, who they claimed to be mighty and righteous. I knew I had to do something.

So the next day, I googled “churches in PJ” and somehow ended up at Peter Truong’s blog. Peter Truong is an evangelist from Hope Brisbane and he travels all over the world. I was amazed by his blog post entitled “Supernatural Sunday in Hope PJ”. It was all about the miracles in his healing ministry. I was so amazed that I actually emailed Peter Truong on Wednesday, March 4, to ask for more information about his church. Peter Truong applied instantly. In an amazing coincidence, he was in Malaysia for a Bible Conference that weekend. He invited me to Hope PJ the following Saturday to meet him. I told myself, “Wow, this is truly amazing; God planned all of this in his perfect timing.”

I remember that Saturday. When I entered the church hall during praise and worship, I could sense an atmosphere that was so reassuring and calming. I felt God’s presence. One song that really touched me and spoke to me that morning was “Open the Eyes of My Heart”. The day after (Sunday), on March 8, I accepted Christ. When Joshua shared about the gospel and asked me whether I wanted to receive Jesus as my personal Saviour, there was a voice in my heart saying yes, it is time. I was really moved by God and I knew that I made one of the best decisions in my life.

On that Saturday, I was introduced to Joshua. He has been a really caring and inspiring mentor. I really thank God for leading me to Hope PJ and blessing me with a great shepherd to help me build a strong foundation in Him before I leave for Southampton.

During these few months of walking with Jesus, I want to testify of his greatness. One of the reasons I sought God was for Him to help my mum with her depression which was diagnosed a few years ago. After praying this week, she started to take her medication. And I know Jesus, Jehovah Rapha, will answer my prayer in his own timing.

2 comments:

yeu@nn said...

Wow... this is very encouraging! Thank God for your life, Peter! :D keep preaching the Gospel faithfully... =D

and personally, i think it's such an encouragement to see a real live evangelist flying all around the world... haha... a bit like Billy Graham, yeah! =D

Unknown said...

Amen! Our God is so awesome and powerful, there is truly none like Him! Keep up the good work and spread the Gospel!

Alan Crookham
http://seekingtheking.blogspot.com/