Monday, June 15, 2009

FAITH OF THE CENTURION

I really love the adventure that God has for each and every of His children. Traveling around the world, meeting new friends, trying different kinds of food is an adventures of my life. God is so good! He has a perfect plan for each person. Discover God's plan for your life today. Below are some new photos that I have taken in various places.







I shared a message on "Faith of the Centurion" recently. This message really reminded me about the importance of faith in troubled times with a global recession and swine flu pandemic.

Luke 7:1-10 (New International Version)

The Faith of the Centurion


1When Jesus had finished saying all this in the hearing of the people, he entered Capernaum. 2There a centurion's servant, whom his master valued highly, was sick and about to die. 3The centurion heard of Jesus and sent some elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and heal his servant. 4When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with him, "This man deserves to have you do this, 5because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue."

6So Jesus went with them.
He was not far from the house when the centurion sent friends to say to him: "Lord, don't trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. 7That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. 8For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."

9When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, "I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel." 10Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well.
  • We need to turn to God and not focus on the crisis
The centurion did not focus on the crisis: the servant's illness. He looked to Jesus for an answer to his crisis. We should not put so much focus on the problem in life and lose sight of Jesus. Our challenges in life can be great opportunities for God to demonstrate His love and power. Therefore, we need to turn to God and not focus on the crisis only.
  • We need to believe God to do impossible
The centurion had faith that Jesus could heal his servant even before seeing it happen. He did not require Jesus to visit his home. He just requested Jesus through his servants to make the command to heal his servant at home. He believed in Jesus' power and authority over sickness. God can do all things so we need to trust in Him. Nothing is impossible for God.
  • We will be rewarded through faith in God
Jesus was amazed by the faith of the centurion. When the men returned home, the servant was healed. God will reward us when we trust in His love, wisdom and power. Let us put our faith in God in troubled times. God can do all things and He will not disappoint His children. God is faithful and He will reward our faith with His blessings and provision. Desire to have the faith of the Centurion today.

Healing Testimony

I was so encouraged by Lenders Suming's healing testimony in Melbourne, Australia. We prayed for Lenders in 2008 for her long term abdominal pain. She had the abdominal pain for the past three to four years. After the prayer, the pain totally disappeared. I met Lenders again in Melbourne on May 2009 and did this video interview below.

Lenders Suming Healing Testimony Video




No comments: